Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday's WOTD: Gordian

The Formalities: Gordian, for my purposes means to cut the Gordian knot, to act quickly and decisively in a difficult situation; solve a problem BOLDLY.

The history behind the word Gordian can be found at the following link: Gordian

The Dirt: One of my very dear friends made the astute observation that although I am a very intelligent woman, my decision-making skills are something to be desired, or to be totally honest, THEY SUCK THE BIG ONE. I don't know if decision making is just in a part of the brain that I killed with alcohol or maybe I just acquired this deficit from my father. In any event, I have come to a crossroads in my life and must be BOLD and make some rather life altering changes. Hence, I must be Gordian!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment