Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday's Word of the Day: Seize

The Formalities: Seize: to take by force; to grab. Synonyms: domineer; comendeer; to take hold of

The Dirt: I think this 5 letter word packs a major punch. I know it's not a 50 cent word, but think of the power of such a small seemingly simple word. It has such a variety of meanings, but mostly I see it as an empowering word for my life right now. And here's how :

1) to take hold of suddenly or forcibly: In life you need to be an aggressor, no one ever got anything worth having my sitting around waiting for it. I have worked exceedingly hard and have aggressively gone towards all of my goals.

2) to understand clearly and completely: My schooling right now is causing me to stretch my mind to its capacity. I want to understand both my discipline and myself clearly and completely.

3) to take possession of by force or at will: Many powerful, intelligent women still feel the urge to be taken possession of force. It demonstrates that you are not only powerful and intelligent, but desirable and exciting as well.

4)
To have a sudden overwhelming effect on: I think that we all want to connect with people. Knowing that we have an effect on people, especially an overwhelming effect, is a good ego boost as well as makes you feel stronger and able to conquer LIFE!

5) carpe diem or to seize the day: This speaks for itself. Life is to FUCKING short not to grab onto what you want and TAKE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment